- Professor Qu Jing’an was elected as a Corresponding Member of the International Institute of History of Science
- The 2011 Summer Scientific Experience Course of Biogen Idec-NWU Laboratory of Chinese Communities was successfully concluded
- A Memorandum of Understanding of Science and Research Cooperation was signed between NWU Research Center of West China Economic Development and the Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP) of South Korea
- Full time doctoral graduates can be granted a maximum of ten thousand Yuan living allowance per year
- The International Seminar into the Economic Development of the Western Regions in the Post-crisis Era was held in NWU
- 13 NWU teachers were selected among the 4th round of the “Hundred Talent Program” of Shaanxi Province.
- Enrollment for 2011 was successfully completed